LiliaFord

Voodoo 'n' Vice
K.C. Burn
The Worst Thing I Ever Did
RemainNameless
Hell & High Water (THIRDS Book 1)
Charlie Cochet
No Homo
RemainNameless
Pins & Need
Zoe X. Rider

The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood

The Invisible Chains - Part 3: Bonds of Blood - Andrew Ashling Truly stirring conclusion. This has ended up one of my favorite fantasy series, exemplifying why I love this genre. I read so much fantasy, but this is a story that will stay with me, thanks in large part to the grueling journey we undergo with these two brothers. No other fantasy series I've read goes this far in delving into the psychological impact of crime, guilt, punishment, expiation, and redemption from the perspective of both the offender and the victim. As painful as the process is, as sorry as I felt for Ehandar, I had to remind myself that his was no small crime--and what Ashling does with it is just so complex and unexpected, revealing dimensions in both boys' natures that could never be revealed in any other context. Their harrowing private conflict is set against an amazing canvas of epic battles, dynastic maneuverings, and a host of memorable characters (including the peerless Ryhunzo, alias pookie, and his great love, Rahendo). The writing has just gotten better, and amazingly, the next series, [b:The Invisible Hands - Part 1: Gambit|13606562|The Invisible Hands - Part 1 Gambit (Dark Tales of Randamor the Recluse, #4)|Andrew Ashling|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1359237460s/13606562.jpg|19201889], which continues their story, is better still.

This is definitely for fantasy addicts, but for that lucky group of readers, you are in for a hell of a ride.

Added: Extra word of praise for perhaps my favorite scene in the history of the genre: Obyann, Ryhunzo and Arranulf discussing, (cough, cough), the manly sport of wrestling.