LiliaFord

Voodoo 'n' Vice
K.C. Burn
The Worst Thing I Ever Did
RemainNameless
Hell & High Water (THIRDS Book 1)
Charlie Cochet
No Homo
RemainNameless
Pins & Need
Zoe X. Rider
Dynasty of Ghosts - P.L. Nunn A very enjoyable read. The two leads are wonderful and the ghost plot line is original and engrossing; the world is very fully drawn and richly developed. The story was not nearly as violent as [b:Bloodraven|6617506|Bloodraven|P.L. Nunn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1314887548s/6617506.jpg|6811618], though there is a brutal rape scene. The book is crazily long: my Kindle puts it at over a 1000 pages. To be honest, I thought it far longer than it has to be for the story it tells, though Nunn is such an engaging writer that it doesn’t drag. Surprisingly, given the length, several of the story lines actually felt unfinished: for example, what happens with King Drane and the Guntharians, with Ashe’s father. I kept expecting Illya’s family to arrive, which they never did. I would have loved more on the ghosts.

Mild Spoilers: Instead we mostly get the courtship between Illya and Ashe, which takes hundreds of pages to reach fruition. The two leads are so likable that you don’t mind at all, and the sex when it finally arrives is wonderful. But I couldn’t help feeling it could have come at any number of points earlier, including when they are prisoners of the Guntharians or during their escape, and have been almost as satisfying.

Bottom line: I really enjoyed the book, but it did not have the same impact on me that [b:Bloodraven|6617506|Bloodraven|P.L. Nunn|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1314887548s/6617506.jpg|6811618] did.